Thursday, June 27, 2013

Meme's to live by 1



How many of us have trouble with this. Come on, I'm lifting my hand in the air. who else is with me?

For a while now life has been intent on making me think of this particular aphorism. We got too material, we got things we had no business having, wasted money on the useless rather than spending the time on what was important. We became commercial, consumers for the sake of consuming. We lost focus of what was important ad tried to keep up with the fad fat, gadget gathering but nearly bankrupt Joneses.

And in the blink of an eye, in one split second, we nearly lost it all.

Having money to burn was quickly replaced by having barely enough money to buy food. Maybe you think I exaggerate. Think what you like, I'm telling you that for a while, maybe a year, we were balanced on a knife edge.

It was then that we, and by that I mean I, was forced to look at life. Yes, I still love gadgets, and money and tpys, but I don;t currently have as much as I would like. What I do have is a wonderful wife who is trying to fight ff the effects of the damage inflicted by one random idiot who didn't know what a give way sign was for. I have four of the most gorgeous kids on this planet, three of them we were almost convinced we were not going to see, but thanks to a lot of faith and hope we did get. We have food to eat, have learned to eat healthier than ever before. We have learned to appreciate the good fays love the great days and learn from the others that maybe aren't so crash hot. We are (I hope) learning to love each other a little more each day (though sometimes it's a trial). We are trying to live each day to it's fullest and to be thankful of actually having that day to live in.

Bottom line, not matter how bad it is, appreciate what you have, even if it's just a little, because there is always the chance that in a split second of your own you may not have it any longer.

It's all words your mum probably told you when you were little. Funny how that stuff comes back later in life to mean everything.

No comments: